Summary: The purpose of this article is to define and differentiate Roles, Responsibilities and Portfolios in the Vantaca system.
Roles in Vantaca set the user’s permissions and access. The Role defines which pages users can access, which functions they can perform and which Action Items they are assigned to. Action Item steps are assigned to specific Roles.
Portfolios are individual Associations or groups of Associations as defined on the Settings -> Portfolios page.
Every Portfolio belongs to a Portfolio Type. Every Portfolio Type has to have one of the following three Requirements:
- An association does not need to have a portfolio of this type selected
- An association may belong to as many portfolios of this type as necessary
Required – Multi Allowed
- An association must have at least one portfolio of this type.
- An association may have as many portfolios of this type as necessary.
Required – One Per Assoc.
- An association must have a portfolio of this type.
- An association can only have one portfolio of this Portfolio Type; the association may also belong to portfolios of other types
- If an association is placed into a Portfolio Type with this requirement, it will automatically be removed from any other Portfolios of the same type
*To Learn more about Portfolio Types, click HERE to be linked to our Portfolio Types Article
Responsibilities are the assignment of a Portfolio to a specific Role. This is where Vantaca defines which Roles have access and are responsible for working Action Items for which specific Portfolios or Associations. Specific users are then assigned to each Responsibility. The responsibility for Action Items are assigned to specific Roles, so the Responsibilities allow us to give different users the same Roles but for different Associations or Portfolios.