Summary: This article will provide instructions on how to generate New Portal Logins for Homeowners within an Association who have not already had portal logins created for their primary email address. Instructions are also provided to enable the user to edit the language in the Vantaca system-generated email template, if desired.
- Create and/or revise the system-generated email that assigns temporary passwords for all primary email addresses on file in the Association
- Generate New Portal Logins for an Association
The Generate New Portal Login action item will generate new portal logins with temporary passwords for all primary email addresses on file in the Association that have not yet been associated with an owner portal login. The email notification to the owner with the temporary password can be edited to include specific language for your owners. If you would like to view or change the language in that Email Template, you must do so before generating the New Portal Logins. To do so, hover your cursor over the Settings drop down menu and choose the Action Item Types/Steps screen then complete the following steps:
- Go to the New Portal Login action item
- Drill into the action item by clicking the dropdown arrow on the right-hand side
- On the first step ‘Message’ click on the hamburger menu and choose email
- Here you can edit the email template, to add tags choose your tag from the dropdown and click ‘go’ to insert your tag. You can change fonts here as well. Do not remove the ‘Action item Description’ tag, as this is where Vantaca will insert the owners email and temporary password that is generated
Once you have reviewed the Email Template, you are ready to generate New Portal Logins for an Association. Hover your cursor over the Association drop down menu and choose the Action Items screen. Choose the correct Association and then click on the +New Action Item button.
In the Action Item pop up box, choose the Action Type, "Generate Portal Logins." You do not need to add anything else in this box. When you click Update the system will begin sending logins.
Please note that this generation process may take a few minutes to complete, depending on the number of logins being generated by the action item. The Generate Logins action item creates a new New Portal Login action item on each Homeowner account in that association for which a new portal login is created.
After the logins have been generated you will need to set up your Board Members for that Association to give them the extra Board Member permissions on the Portal. For instruction on this next step, please see the article, "How to Add Board and Committee Members", as well as the video tutorial of the same name.