Summary: This article will describe how to view and manage the Association's document library. The ability to add, edit and delete documents and folders is based on your user permissions. (Contact your System Administrator regarding your permissions)
To begin, hover your cursor over the Association menu item on the top of the navigation bar, then select Documents from the drop down menu.
Next, a page will appear with a list of folders. From this list use the arrows next to the folders to drill into and see documents and sub folders. Click on a document to view it. Note: Any Word or Excel files will automatically be downloaded instead of being available on the viewer.
If you want to add a folder, right click on the parent folder labeled, Documents, then select New Folder.
A pop up menu will appear, prompting you to input the name, and to select the type of folder security. The security option will dictate where the document will be seen on the Association's website.
- Boards Only - Displays the folder only if the designated Board Member is viewing the documents in the portal.
- Homeowners - Displays the folder for an Owner after they have logged into the portal.
- Everyone - Allows the item to be seen in the portal without first logging in.
- Staff - Hides that document from the Association's web portal and will only be available to view by Management company staff.
You can edit an existing folder security by right clicking on the folder and selecting Edit Folder. If you want to add a document, right click on the folder then select New Document. A window will appear, prompting you to select the correct file from your computer. Once selected, click upload to add the file. If you want to delete a file, drill through the folders list to find the file. Once identified, click the "x" next to the file name.
Lastly, you can copy folders, and their contents to multiple Associations by clicking Copy Folder. Clicking that option brings up the following dialogue box.
Select the Associations you wish to copy your selected folder to. If you also want to take the files contained in this folder, check the Include Files box at the top.
You can choose to Append or Replace this folder:
- Append - Creates this folder on the selected Association if it does not exist, or will add the selected contents to the existing folder if one is available.
- Replace - Deletes any folder in the new Association with the same name as your selected folder, and will replace it with your selected folder (and contents if applicable).