This article will show you how to generate a coupon file for a 3rd party interface or an in-house .pdf file report of the coupons.
You will first want to review the Association Settings article and review the coupons and interfaces sections to ensure you have everything set up correctly for how you want to generate the coupon file. Without changing these settings, the coupon file will default to only sending to owners on paper preference. The file will exclude any owners on ACH and email billing preference by default unless changed in the settings.
You will also want to check the Association > Assessments page for the assessment setup to ensure the coupons option is chosen for the charges you are generating the file for. Press the Edit button on the desired charge and change the Billing Format option to Coupons. The Coupons (Breakout 1, etc.) are used for if you would like to generate one coupon for multiple charges and break out the total. The Coupons (Combined) is used for combining all of those charges into a single combined total on the coupon.
To begin generating the file for an association you will go to Association > Action items and select the association you want to generate the file for (you can only generate one association at a time).
Then create a new action item and select "Generate Coupons" as the action type. Drill in to the Dates and Assignment tab to choose the coupon start date (below). This will be the date that the coupon file is started (i.e. 1/1/2019), or when the charge starts.
There are no other parameters or changes needed on this action item, so once that is selected you can hit update to create the file. You will then want to wait a minute for the file to generate and the item will automatically step itself to the Review Coupons step. Once it is in the Review step, it is ready to be reviewed. Do not try to view before this as the entire file may not be ready.
You can then drill into the action item and select the green paperclip to view the file. If using a 3rd party service such as South Data or Optimal, it will generate an excel file for download in the pop-up window. If there are multiple coupon files generated you can download the others by pressing the next button at the top of the download window.
Once you have reviewed the file, if everything looks as it should, you can just go back to the action item and step to Send Coupons, which will send it to the 3rd party service if applicable. If using the in-house option, instead of sending to the Print Queue in Vantaca, you will simply print the file from your computer. If you need to edit the file in any way or include a cover letter, you will want to manually upload the file to the 3rd party source and then just step the action item to complete.
Things to Know and Troubleshooting Tips:
- For combined and breakout coupons, the Frequency, Duration, Start and End Date for the assessment rules must match for the file to generate correctly.
- If you are utilizing a coupon printing company that uses Product Codes or Coupon Codes, they must be the same on any assessments that will use combined or breakout coupons so that they group properly.
- There are not currently coupon options for Annual Billing as these associations are generally sending statements. However, if you need coupons for Annual Billing, simply follow the normal generation process and change the frequency column in the file that generates from "M" to "A" before submitting.
Coupon Generation CSV
A CSV file will now be generated when a Generate Homeowner Invoice action item is processed.
- The following reports will now display indications of Void and Reclass entries:
- Yes or No
- Exclude Reasons
- Users will be notified of a failed generation and the Reason the generation failed
This automatically generating log will allow you to identify the number of accounts that were included in your homeowner invoice generation.