Summary: This article provides an overview of the various Association Address Types and their applications.
Association Address Types can be used for tagging an Association's related addresses and as a repository. Locate Address Types by navigating to Association > Address Types.
There are three templated Association Address Types:
- Remittance Address: if this Type is utilized in Association > Addresses, that is what the Remittance Address tags will source. If this Type is not used or empty in Association > Addresses, the tag will source from the Remittance Address column in screen Settings > Company Info.
- ***Only add a Remittance Address in Association > Addresses if you would like to override the Remittance Address in Settings > Company Info.
- Correspondence Address: if this Type is utilized in Association > Addresses, that is what the Correspondence Address tags will source. If this Type is not used or is empty in Association > Addresses, the tag will source from the Address column in screen Settings > Company Info.
- Physical Address: this Type is used for all physical addresses for the selected Association.
- Any Address Type other than the five above: these are just for repository information and will not populate or create any tags.
Other Address types:
- Company Address: contains the Company Address from screen Settings > Company info. If an Association Address Type is made in screen Association > Address Types with the name “Company Address”, the Company Address tags still source from screen Settings > Company Info, so this Type should not be used in Association > Address Types.
- Association Address: this Type will populate its tags with the Correspondence Address Type information. If the Correspondence Address Type is not used, these tags will be empty. This Type should generally not be used in screens Association > Address Types or Association > Addresses.
To create a new Association Address Type, navigate to screen Association > Address Types:
1 – Navigate to Association > Address Types
Click + New Association Address Type, type the name of the new Address Type, and click Update:
2 – (1) Click “+ New Association Address Type”, then (2) type the name you want the new Association Address Type to have, and (3) click “Update”.
You have now created a new Association Address Type which is available for all Associations. It will appear in the drop-down in screen Association > Addresses as a selectable type when clicking either + New Address or clicking the Edit button next to an existing address on that screen.
Using the Association Addresses is explained in the article Association Addresses.
Please sign in to leave a comment.