Summary: This article provides an overview of processing a homeowner refund.
1. To process a homeowner refund, go to Homeowners > Ledger and select the desired homeowner.
2. Select the Payment Adjustment button.
3. Choose the appropriate adjustment date
4. Select Refund as the Type of Adjustment.
5. Check the Refund via ACH checkbox if configured and you're refunding straight to the homeowner's account. Note: This checkbox will only be available with the Refund via ACH permission under Settings > Roles > Homeowner Ledger Advanced Adjustments and if the owner's account has an ACH configured on their General Ledger.
6. Enter an appropriate Description
7. Use the Payment Allocation section to allocate the refund as needed.
8. Click the Update button to complete.
Clicking Update will create an invoice action item in the Manager's Queue for approval.
Process the invoice for payment like other invoices in the AP process.
Note: It is recommended to enter the homeowner account number in the Description field to display which account is being refunded as the homeowner refund is processed.
If you VOID the invoice action item, it will not void the refund adjustment on the owner's account. You must return to the owner's account and delete or adjust off the refund.
Note: Homeowner Refunds are used to refund a homeowner over-payment. If you need to reimburse an owner or board member (when they turn in a receipt, for instance.), you will need to set that individual up as a Service Provider and follow the normal process for creating a manual invoice. See How to Setup a New Service Provider for details. Doing otherwise will throw off both your Homeowner's Ledger and your GL Balances.