Summary: This article will provide detailed information on the functionality and differences of My Messages, My Action Items, and All Action Items found in the Action Items tab.
My Messages will include any messages that are received as part of a particular Action Item. Think of this section as your Email inbox and be sure to check My Messages first thing in the morning and periodically throughout the day to ensure effective communication.
- Select the Include Closed box to include any closed messages
- The Created column shows the date and time a message was created
- The Code column is the Association Code that the message is related to
- Association Name is the name of the association the message is related to
- Author shows who created the message
- The Type' column shows what particular type of message has been created
- The Step column shows what step the Action Item is in
- Read will show an X if the message is unread and a checkmark if the message has been read
- Clicking the hamburger menu on the far right gives the options to Mark Read, Message, or Select that particular item
- Mark Read - Marks the message as Read. The message will still live in "My Messages" so long as the Action Item is open.
- Message - Create a New Message on this Action Item and send it to the role-or email-entered.
- Select - Selects the Action Item associated with the message. This takes you to the Action Item page, and anchors this particular Action Item in the Action Cente pane
My Action Items
This section shows a list of the Action Items that are currently in a step that is meant for a specific role with specific portfolios and can be accessed by clicking Action Items > My Action Items. These are broken out by Type and Step and are an easy way to get a snapshot of a to-do list and prioritize tasks for the day.
- Clicking New Action Item will create a brand new Action Item
- The red dot indicates an item that has gone past the follow-up date and is past due
- By clicking the drop-down arrow on the left it will provide more details on the item
- Clicking the hamburger menu on the right gives the options to Step, Edit, Merge, Select, or Copy the selected item.
- By clicking Select it will take you to the first item of that particular category and you can then work through that list.
It is important to note that stepping an Action Item to a different step may remove it from My Action Items. Also, you cannot view closed Action Items in this section.
All Action Items
Displays ALL the Action Items that are viewable for an association based on your role regardless of the step they are in.
- Click on the association name at the top of the page to select a specific association or select "All Associations" to search for all action items across all associations
- Stepping an Action Item to a different step will not remove the item from the All Action Items list
- Can view closed Action Items by selecting the box that reads 'Include Closed' as shown above
As a best practice, it is important to understand the difference between these items and how they function. Most often a user's day will begin from the dashboard home screen and can be effective when completing tasks for the day as well as communicating with other users or homeowners on Vantaca.
Note: Reporting on Action Items can be useful if a client is unable to find the information they are seeking through Vantaca's pre-generated reports. By using certain filters on the action items page a client can customize the information they need and use the Export to Excel function which will create an excel file with any necessary information.
You can customize the columns to provide information that may be useful and not available in the pre-generated reports by clicking on the vertical ellipsis icon . You can select Include Closed near the top of the screen to include any closed action items. Searching keywords in the search field of any of the columns can also help customize the file that will be exported. Once the desired columns are selected and any filters have been set up, simply click the Export to Excel button near the top of the screen, and a customized report specific to the desired information needed will be generated and exported to an excel file.
XN Date Range
The All Action Items grid can be filtered by the following date ranges by selecting the XN Date Range:
- 30 Days
- 60 Days
- 90 Days
- 180 Days
- 365 Days
- Custom Range
- Option will allow you to select a date range with a Calendar Start and End Date.
- Selecting a date range that exceed one year will prompt the following warning:
- The action item grid will populate with items that have a created date that is Equal To or Between the set range.
Please sign in to leave a comment.