Summary: This article will discus what needs to happen to correctly offboard an association that is leaving your management company. This list is just a potential list of what is needed and may differ based on what the new management company needs.
You can download any documents that you need to provide to the next management company by navigating to the Association > Documents screen and selecting the correct association. From this screen, download Bank Statements, Invoices Images, Financials, etc. that have been uploaded for this association.
To export all association Documents at once instead of individually, head to the System > Exports screen and start a new export for the Association Documents.
- Homeowners List: Navigate to the Homeowners > Homeowner List screen to provide a list of homeowners in an association. Add additional columns for any information needed and click Export to Excel.
- Homeowner Additional Info: Navigate to the Homeowner > Additional Info screen to export additional information for homeowners in the association. Select the Group for which you need to export information and click Export to Excel. This creates an excel spreadsheet of all the homeowners in the association and the data in the selected group's additional info fields. Repeat this process for each information group that needs to be exported.
- The Homeowner Communication Export will export all documents and photos for an association or a specific homeowner.
You can run and download any reports by going to the Reports tab within Vantaca.
Export all active and closed information for an association by navigating to the Service Providers > Invoices screen. Filter for the specific association and select all providers. Make sure to click Include Closed for a complete list. Once the invoices have loaded click Export to Excel to export the invoices for this association.
A few other places that export information to excel are Association Additional Info and the Used GL Accounts for an association.
- To export the Association Additional Info you will follow the steps above for Homeowner Additional Info except you will go to Association > Additional Info and select Export This Association to Excel. This will export all groups within the Additional Info tab so multiple exports are not needed for Association Additional Info.
- To provide a list of active GL accounts for the association, navigate to the Association > GL Accounts screen and click Export to Excel.
As always, should there be anything else needed that is not provided in this article and does not have an export to excel option, you can always reach out to our Support team to request that information and we will see if it is something we can export.
Once you have exported all the information that you need, visit the Not Live Association Processes article to learn more about marking an association not live. Once your association is marked not live, the ACH for that association will stop running, your management company will have to notify the bank not to accept checks from that association anymore.