Summary: This article will explain how to use the Email Message Templates screen to manage your message templates and how to apply them to an Action Item.
New Message Templates
The Email Message Templates page can be accessed via Mailroom > New Message Templates.
Each function on the page has a corresponding permission associated with it that will need to be enabled under Settings > Roles > Mailroom > New Message Template.
- View: Controls the visibility of the View button which opens the View Email Template form where the user can view the message template information, but cannot make any changes.
- Update: Controls the visibility of the Edit button which opens the Edit Email Template form where the user can view and edit the message template information.
- Delete: Controls the visibility of the Delete button which allows the deletion of an Email Template.
- Note: The Default Template cannot be deleted but it can be edited.
- Add: Controls the visibility of the +New Template button which allows the creation of Email Templated.
Applying a Message Template
The Message Template can be selected to automatically populate the Subject and Message fields on the Action Item's New Message form.
A confirmation message will appear to confirm that the action will replace the current text in the Subject and Message fields.