Summary: Vantaca's Payment Alerts feature allows users to receive alerts when payment notifications are received. These alerts can be used to notify staff of payment failures or to notify Homeowners of received payments. To see these action items, go to Settings > Action Types/Steps > Payment Alerts.
- eCheck Payment Alert: This will notify the homeowner that an eCheck payment has been received if notifications are turned on.
An example of the eCheck Payment Alert email template is shown in the screenshot below. The template can be customized on the action item step to meet the specifications of your association.
- Check Payment Alert: This will notify the homeowner that the Association has received a physical check towards the account balance
- ACH Payment Alert: This will notify the homeowner that an ACH payment has been received from the Association.
- Note: If notifications are turned off and the Send To role is a homeowner, the payment alert action item will remain in the homeowner's portal for 30 days unless it is stepped to a different role or if the Hide from Portal setting is enabled when editing the rules.
- This step creates an alert on the homeowner's account anytime an ACH payment is made. The alert is not assigned to anyone and the system will automatically step it to Success or Fail based on the processing alerts. Success is closed and unassigned. Fail goes to AR with a message on the item regarding the failure.
- If it's a connection-related failure, you can step to Retry ACH where it will remain until the ACH is pushed again and the Success/Fail process is repeated. After 2 failed attempts, the message will contain information indicating bad account information and it's recommended that the action item is stepped to Notify the Owner, which will also close the item.