Summary: Provide an overview of the Transfer Funds function in Vantaca and understand how to execute a transfer properly.
Navigate to the Transfer Funds screen by selecting Accounting > Transfer Funds.
The Transfer Funds window writes the GL entry to both cash accounts and records the transaction on the bank register, therefore a manual GL entry is not required. You will fill out the top portion of this screen accordingly and you will also notice some checkboxes at the bottom of the Transfer Funds screen in Vantaca:
- Create Due To/ Due From
- This is usually used for a reminder to pay back a reserve account.
- This will put line items on the balance sheet, and the Due To/ Due From GLs are based off your Association > Settings.
- Make this a Recurring Monthly Transfer
- Recurring transfers can be set up with a defined start and end date. (Note: Date to transfer must be at least one day in advance in order to transfer money at the bank level.)
- Move Funds
- Must be checked to transfer funds at the bank level. (Note: One of the two accounts selected must be with an integrated bank to successfully transfer funds at the bank.)
- Use the Transfer Funds Screen without checking the Move Funds box to record a transfer that happened outside of Vantaca.
- (Note: Transfers cannot be made between associations in Vantaca.)
- Additional GL Entry
Mainly used for reserved contributions or reserve expenses. (For Example, if you are tracking the transfer on the income statement as well.)
- You could also do this on the Accounting > GL Entry screen, but this option will save you a couple of steps.
NOTE: Entering in a one-time transfer, even a future one, will affect the book balance immediately, so keep that in mind when checking your book balance.