In Vantaca, there are two options for creating Homeowner Beginning Balances:
- Beginning Balances marked as "Initial Balance"
- Beginning Balances with a full charge and payment history
This article explains how to import homeowner beginning balances as "Initial Balance", using a single import. Importing Homeowner Beginning balances with one import will bring over beginning balance entries for each Charge Type, instead of the entire transaction history. This is done using the Charge Balances Without History import.
Alternatively, to import the entire transaction history as individual transactions, you will want to use the Charge Balances Import + Homeowner Transaction History Import. Instructions on these two imports can be found here: How To Import Homeowner Beginning Balances (Two Imports).
In order to import the Homeowners' beginning balances, you must first create and import an Excel spreadsheet (An excel spreadsheet is attached at the bottom of this article)
- You will choose an Import Type of: Charge Balances Import Without History
To import the excel spreadsheet, Navigate to Settings > Imports. Click on the New Import Button, and choose the Import Type, the Association, and the Posted Date (the last day of the last fiscal period). Keep (No Conversion) in the next drop drown menu, and then click on the Select Files button to upload the spreadsheet from your system.
Once this loads, you will be taken to the final import screen. From here, any errors on your spreadsheet will show up in RED. Notice at the top that Import Mode is set to Append. Always Append the Import. The Association is in the box to the right. Click the Commit button to complete the Import.
Tips n Tricks
Some key points of the Charge Balances Without History Import:
- Used for New Association imports, not general day-to-day
- Use a negative number for credit balances
- Use the Translation tab to ensure that the charges have been translated to the correct charge in the system.
- Posted date should ideally be the date that the charge will hit the Ledger.
- This will not hit the GL, only the Homeowner Ledger on the Summary Screen and Transaction Screen. The Summary screen ties to the AR and Prepaid Reports. A GL entry should be made to hit the GL.
- Recommended to have one line per Assessment type.
- Prior to running this Import, you must first setup the assessments, fees, and any other charges that are listed in these reports. See How to Set Up Assessment Rules for details
Spreadsheet Columns used for the Charge Balances Without History Import:
- Account or OldAccount
- Amount (Positive values for charges or balances, negative values for credit balances)
The names of these assessments and/or charges on the Charge Balances Without History Import must exactly match the names of the assessments and/or charges setup on the Association > Assessments screen so that when you run your Import, the system can recognize the appropriate charges being presented.
Please sign in to leave a comment.