Summary: This article will explain how to create and import Homeowner Monthly Recurring Credits along with what export to use to report on homeowner's credits.
Monthly Recurring Credits Permission
A Monthly Recurring Credit can be applied individually per homeowner. Before you can begin creating Credits, you'll need to enable the following permissions under Settings > Roles > Homeowners > Homeowner Credits:
- View: Controls the ability to access the Credits tab via Homeowner > Ledger. If this is left unchecked, users with Add/Update and Delete enabled will still not have access to the Credits tab.
- Add/Update: Controls the ability to create new Credits and edit existing ones on the Credits tab.
- Delete: Controls the ability to Delete Credits on the Credits tab.
Creating a Credit
Monthly Recurring Credits can be created individually or via the Homeowner Credits (Recurring) Import.
Creating Monthly Recurring Credits Individually
1. Go to Homeowner > Ledger > Credits tab and click the +New Credit button.
Make sure that you're on the correct homeowner as Monthly Recurring Credits can only be applied on the homeowner level.
2. Enter information for the following fields on the Edit form:
- Start Date: Credit Start Date. This is the date the credit will be posted.
- End Date: Date the credit will expire.
Assoc Chg: The charge being credited.
- Note: A credit can be applied to any assessment configured on the association level.
- Amount: Credit Amount. The system will automatically convert this to a negative number
Override GL: Used to override the AR association configured GL.
- Note: By default, a credit will be marked as an Adjustment. If the Override GL is used, the credit will be marked as a Write-Off.
- Adjustment Description: There is no default description. If this field is left blank, the Description field on the Ledger > Transactions tab and Homeowner Statements will use the selection in the Assoc Chg field.
3. Click Update to complete.
You'll need the Append permission via Settings > Roles > Import > Homeowner Credits (Recurring) to perform the import.
1. Go to the Settings > Import > Imports tab and click the +New Import button:
- Import Type: Select Homeowner Credits (Recurring)
- Import Mode: Only available mode is Append.
- Association: Select the association to import credits for. This import is association-specific, so only one association can be imported at a time.
- Import File: Select the import file and attach to complete.
Reporting on Monthly Recurring Credits
The Homeowner Recurring Credit Export will create an export of all Homeowners with active monthly recurring credits on their ledger for all associations. The export will need to be enabled via Settings > Roles > Reports > Homeowner Recurring Credit Export to use.