[9/15/2020] Release Notes
Budget Screen Enhancements
In the Accounting > Budget screen, column orders can now be adjusted. The column widths are also changed to auto-fit to the content.
These enhancements will now make the Budget screen easier to view and allow for extra flexibility when preparing or reviewing the yearly budget.
Not Live Associations on Financial Summary Screen
The screen Home > Financial Summary only shows Live associations by default. A checkbox has been added to the top of the page, “Include Not Live”, which allows Not Live associations to be included in the summary.
This new feature will allow for greater ease of use during the Off-Boarding process. Now by exporting the Financial Summary screen to excel, a breakdown of the financials is quickly generated without the need to mark the Association Live and then mark it Not Live later.
Association Activity Notes: Assessment Changes
The Association > Activity Notes screen is now logging even more information; an ongoing process that will be continued over the next few releases. In this release, any changes made to an Association’s Assessment setups are now logged in the Association Activity Notes for that association. These activity notes will currently display changes made to the Assessment itself (GL Account, Fund, Billing Format, etc.). Changes made to the Rules of the assessments will not display, but this enhancement is planned for a future release.
Transparent reporting is one of the fundamental aspects of managing with Vantaca. With the added reporting of Activity Notes, it is easier than ever to understand what’s happening in your communities. It is also now possible to see why Assessments may not display the same way on a ledger, or to diagnose any potential problems with posting after they have been changed.
Violations: Cure Date and Hearing Date
Creating and stepping Action Items of the Violations type now have two extra fields: Hearing Date, which can be entered manually, and Cure Date, which pulls from the Details in the CCR Items screens and can be manually overridden.
In both Settings > CCR Items and Association > CCR Items screens, drilling down to the Details of an item will now show a new field: Cure Period. The number in this field indicates the length—In days—of the cure period, and the Cure Date is pre-populated by calculating “Today + Cure Period”. Cure Periods on the Association level will override the Cure Periods on the global level (Settings > CCR Items).
In addition, we have created three new tags to help you make the most of these new features:
- Cure Period
- Cure Date
- Hearing Date
Cure Periods allow you to define how long Homeowners have from the time that the letter is issued, to “Cure” or resolve the violation that they are being notified of. The Cure Period can then be used to define the Cure Date by adding the cure period to the current date to generate a specific date that the violation needs to be “cured” or resolved. By adding this new Cure Date merge tag to your violation letters, it is now even easier to streamline and automate your messages. This saves you time and energy when creating and managing your violations.
The addition of the hearing date allows greater flexibility when creating and stepping your Violations. It also provides you with a dedicated Merge Tag, freeing up your Due Date and Follow-up Date for other purposes. The Hearing Date field is a date/time field so that you have flexibility on the time slots for each violation. Be sure to take a look at your existing violation letters and see if adding the Hearing Date merge tag could benefit your operations.
Sort Options in Violations Report
The Violation report has been enhanced with sort options in the parameter section on the right side of the report viewer. The sort options are Street Name, Street #, Account #, Last Name and Violation Status.
Advanced filtering in these reports makes these reports easier to use based on what your Boards want to see and help to reduce the need for manual manipulation in reporting to your Communities.
- Copying Association Documents now has options to copy only folders and to choose between Append or Replace
- Association List now populates Association Physical Address fields
- Violation previews now populate tags, including correctly displaying adjusted fees
- The pie chart on the Violations Report is now limited to the top ten items to ensure readability
- Low Bank Balance Alerts are now more visibly tied to associations
- Deleting a recurring transfer now also deleted the connected recurring GL entry
- Mail format “Electronic Pref, if None then Paper” no longer forces email if no email is set up but “Send to all emails” is selected
- All Action Items Export to Excel no longer shows HTML tags and populates the Homeowner column
- Editing a Violation description in an open Inspection now regenerates the letter for previews, showing the edited description
- Creating new associations with “0” as association code will now automatically assign an association code
- Calendar Events can now be edited again
- Homeowner Charge Tag Imports on Quarterly and Bi-Annual charges no longer multiply the tags on the H/O
- Auto-Reconciliation now works for additional bank interfaces (MOB 2, AAB 2 etc).